Contact Us For More Information
Mensae, a superb Swan 56 is well known in the New England and West Indies area, can either cruise in comfort or head offshore both in cruising, and casual racing. She has a lighter Vinylester / Fiberglass hull, she is fitted with a Swan Nautor/Frers designed 8’. 4” bulb keel. Custom interior fabrics emphasize the famous Nautor teak interior craftsmanship.And an extensive electronic package make this a must see for anyone considering a Swan 56.
Beautifully appointed in Nautor's signature golden teak, with a teak and holly cabin sole. MENSAE has the highly regarded S56 custom layout, which is the owner's cabin aft with a full centerline queen bed, and with two double bunk forward cabins. The foc'sle, although it has sleeping accommodations, it provides great storage space and gear lockers.
- Solid fiberglass hull using optional Vinylester resin.
- White Awlgrip painted hull (2011)
- Blue sheer and boot stripes.
- Fin keel with 8'4" draft.
- Spade rudder.
- Hydraulic fold down transom to form a swim platform.
- Window in hull to inspect the propeller.
- Cored fiberglass decks with teak overlay.
- Oversized teak toe rail.
- Stainless steel stem head fitting.
- Lewmar Ocean 2 anchor windlass under deck.
- Stainless steel bow and stern rails.
- Stainless steel stanchions.
- 1 x 19 stainless steel double life lines.
- Folding midship docking cleats.
- Stainless steel roller fairleads for mooring lines.
- Storage lockers in cockpit.
- Teak foot blocks for helmsman.
- Stainless steel bracket over pedestal instruments.
- 1 x pair genoa tracks with car pullers.
- Line stoppers.
- Harken deck hardware.
- Wichard padeyes for safety lines and alternative sheeting angles.
- White painted aluminum radar and antenna post aft.
- Stainless steel handrail at companionway.
- Gangway fitting at stern.
- Cockpit table with fitted canvas bag.
All Lewmar and self tailing.
- 2 x #77, 3 speed, primary operated with a pedestal.
- 2 x #65, 2 speed, secondary, electric for trimming cruising headsail.
- 2 x #54, 2 speed, mainsheet.
- 2 x #64, 2 speed, secondaries.
- 4 x #44, 2 speed, halyard and utility.
- 2 x #44, 2 speed, main traveler.
Sleeps 6, 2 in each of the 3 sleeping cabins, plus 1 in the forepeak cabin and 4 in the main saloon for a total of 11. Varnished, hand rubbed, golden Burmese teak veneer over marine ply over the majority of the furniture. Teak and holly cabin sole and vinyl overhead panels.
Located in the bow. Ample storage with fold down pipe bunk on the starboard side. Work bench. Stainless steel bars to store running rigging.
Forward Guest cabins
Mirror image guest cabins forward of the main bulkhead with 2 single over and under bunks in each cabin. There is a shared head forward and to starboard with teak shower grate.
"L" shaped settee to starboard surround an offset dining table. Upholstery in the main saloon and navigation station is leather. There are two additional single chairs inboard. There is an arrangement to allow for a pipe bunk over the port and starboard settees. Out board of the settee is storage lockers and a shelf. On the port side is a straight settee, also with storage lockers outboard with roller doors.
Located aft of the saloon and on the starboard side. Forward facing and surrounded with navigation and communication electronics
Located opposite the navigation station and on the port side in the walkway intothe aft cabin. Coriancounter tops. Corian and teak sink covers for more surface space. Side load fridge and top load freezer are forward driven by engine or 110volt followed by the Force 10, 4 burner stove with oven and storage aft. Microwave oven. Inboard are the stainless steel double sinks with storage above. Access door aft to the engine space. Access to the engine space may also be gained under the companionway steps.
Located in the aft end of the yacht and accessed via the galley. Queen sized double bed on the centerline with a vanity to starboard and a seat to port. Ample storage lockers and hanging lockers in the cabin. Ensuite head on the starboard side forward of the cabin may be accessed from the master cabin as well as the navigation station allowing it to be used as a convenient day head. Full length mirror.
Yanmar 4JH-UTBE 96HP diesel engine.
- 3 x blade Max Prop.
- 2 x blade folding propeller as spare for racing.
PLUMBING AND VENTILATION
- Seafresh H2O6A watermaker, 2200 liters per day.
- Hot and cold water deck shower at transom.
- Fresh water and sea water connection at forward deck.
- Vacuflush heads with fresh water flush.
- Black water holding tank for aft head.
- Water heater off engine and 110volt.
- Electric bilge pump with manual and automatic control.
- Electric shower sump pumps.
- 2 x fresh water pressure pumps.
- Reverse cycle air conditioning in main saloon.
- 5 x turbo cabin fans.
- Dorade vents with stainless steel protection bars.
- Westerbeke 8KW generator with silent exhaust.
- Mass Inverter 24/1500W, 115volt.
- Mastervolt battery charger (2012).
- 115volt and 220volt deck plug with 3Kva transformer.
- 115volt outlets through the interior.
- Shore power cord.
- 24volt DC system.
- House battery bank (2014) with DDC 4000 battery capacity meter.
- Engine battery (2014).
- Generator battery (2014).
- Dimmer for cabin lights.
- Tricolor mast head light.
- Spreader lights with dimmer.
- Headsail luff light with dimmer.
- Steaming light on mast.
- Raymarine radar (2009).
- E120 at navigation station as well as at helm.
- Raymarine GPS.
- Trimble GPS.
- Furuno WAAS GPS.
- B&G autopilot (2015) with 2 displays.
- B&G Hercules instruments.
- 2 x B&G MFDs at navigation station.
- 5 x B&G MFDs in cockpit.
- 4 x B&G displays on mast under goose neck.
- B&G Super Halcyon electronic compass.
- Furuno PG 1000 compass.
- Furuno weather fax, FAX207.
- Icom 604 VHF at navigation station.
- Icom RAM mike at helm.
- Icom ICM710RT SSB.
- Additional handheld VHF.
- Trane and Trane Mini M Sat telephone with data/fax/PC interface.
- WiFi amplifier.
- GPS portable Global Star phone with mounted docking station.
- Cojot antenna at mast head.
- Apple computer aft cabin for media and DVD viewing.
- HP computer for navigation with Nobeltec and Oceans Nav and weather software.
- Flatscreen TV.
- Sony radio/CD in owner's cabin.
- Denon DVD player with surround sound.
- Cockpit speakers.
RIGGING AND SAILS
- Nautor aluminum, white painted mast.
- Separate trysail track on mast.
- 2 x folding mast steps.
- Nautor aluminum, white painted boom.
- Navtec stainless steel rod rigging.
- Aramid checkstays.
- Carbon fiber spinnaker pole.
- Aluminum jockey pole.
- Navtec hydraulic vang, backstay, babystay and mainsail outhaul.
- Electric roller furling headsail.
- Dacron full batten mainsail w/2 reefs (2015).
- Dacron roller furling genoa (2015).
- Dacron staysail (2004).
- Dacron storm jib (2004).
- Dacron storm trysail (2004).
- Cruising spinnaker with sock (2004)
- AB hard bottom inflatable dinghy (2009).
- 15HP outboard engine (2009).
- Winslow 6 man life raft.
- Bosun's chair.
- 6 x lifejackets.
- 5 x fenders.
- Fender board.
- Slip covers for upholstery.
- Padded cover for dining table.
- Stainless steel spade anchor.
- 200ft 9/16 anchor chain.
- Winch handles.
- Snatch blocks.
- Outboard bracket on stern rail.
- Dodger for companionway.
- Dodger for aft cockpit.
- Full awning.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Wheel cover.
- Lee cloths for bunks.
- Flagpole and ensign.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered as is subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Nautor's Swan USA East
449 Thames Street, #307,
Newport, RI 02840
401 846 1090 office
401 846 0757 fax
443 994 1500 cell