Thankful Yacht for Sale - 43'Oyster Yachts
Contact Us For More Information
Details and Specifications
THE LD43 OYSTER IS ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL EVOLUTIONS IN A TRUE GENTLEMAN'S YACHT.
NEW TO THE MARKET - Incredible Opportunity To Own One Of The Most Unique Downeast Cruisers Ever Made. With the focus on the ability to relax and socialize in Heightened Comfort, Style and Sophistication. The LD43 exemplifies what anyone would desire in a Downeast Cruiser. Equipped with a Full 1 Stateroom 1 Head Layout and so many custom amenities not normally found on a yacht of this size.
This Oyster is particularly special because it was Custom ordered and Spec’d by its First And Only Owner. With Oyster outstanding knowledge as a Builder, No Detail Was Overlooked during its design and construction. Don't Miss The Opportunity To Own One Of The Most Unique and Versatile Downeast Yachts you will find. "Thankful" is truly a Work Of Art and in Ready To Go Condition for her new owner.
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS MOVE YOUR LUGGAGE ONBOARD TO HAVE FUN THIS SUMMER!
CUSTOM ORDERED TRUE GENTLEMAN'S YACHT!!
ONE OF A KIND EXTERIOR DESIGN AND COCKPIT LAYOUT!!
EASILY COMBINE THE SALON AND COCKPIT WITH ELECTRIC DISAPPEARING WINDOWS!!
1 MASTER STATEROOM 1 FULL HEAD LAYOUT WITH OPEN GALLEY DESIGN!!
INCREDIBLE MANEUVERABILITY AND PERFORMANCE WITH TWIN HAMILTON JETS!!
SUPER EASY DOCKING WITH COMPUTERIZED BLUE ARROW JOYSTICK!!
SPECTRA NEWPORT 400C COMPACT 400 GPD WATERMAKER!!
KVH M3 SATELLITE TV AND BOSE SURROUND SOUND!!
SHIP TO SHORE WIFI BRIDGE AND ONBOARD WIFI ACCESS POINT!!
RECENT FULL BOTTOM JOB!!
TO MANY CUSTOM ORDERED OPTIONS TO LIST!!
ONE OF THE ABSOLUTE BEST OPTIONS ON THE MARKET FOR A DOWNEAST CRUISER!!
MAKE YOUR OFFER TODAY!!
The LD43 Proudly Stands Out among all the Downeast Yachts. Her exterior is reminiscent of a lobster boat, with a flat roofline, lots of pilothouse windows, and a cockpit that can accommodate several picnickers. Traditional accents, such as her curvy coach roof and teak accents, the grabrails on the pilothouse and foredeck, and rubrails, all pay homage to Oyster’s sailing heritage. Severely raked side windows give the Oyster the aggressive look of a PT boat and truly a profile unlike any Downeaster you may ever see.
Boarding from the swim platform, you enter through a 28-inch-wide transom door that collapses into a channel on the platform itself; this maintains the 43’s clean lines by doing away with a vertical swinging door and its irritating pins and latches. A gas-assist strut holds it perfectly in place.
The LD in LD43 stands for “Lunch and Dinner,” and this Oyster is equipped for both, with cockpit (lunch) and saloon (dinner) dining areas. Both are fitted with handsome folding teak tables to port and starboard that join in the middle to make one table. The larger, saloon table is 42”L X 66”W, plenty of room for two couples. Butter-soft, cream-leather C-shape settees here contrast nicely with the teak-and-holly sole and teak interior, and they’re roomy enough to function as single berths. Just forward of the settees are port- and starboard NorSap helm chairs, among the most comfortable and adjustable chairs you will find.
Down the centerline companionway to the forepeak stateroom with walkaround queen berth opens to reveal a large, 37” L x 53” W x 28” H stowage space. Big enough to hold a pair of folding bicycles or a week’s worth of clothes for a cruising. What you cannot fit here can go in the cedar-lined hanging locker and top-loading compartments to port and starboard.
The galley, to port, is equipped with a microwave/convection oven, two-burner cooktop, and stainless steel refrigerator/freezer. Avonite countertops provide a nice contrast to the same grain-matched teak as the stateroom and cockpit, but stowage here is at a premium: For a cruising couple, the galley will provide enough stowage for a four-day weekend’s worth of provisions. The compartments above the countertop hold standard Wedgwood custom china, a classy but space-eating touch.
So much for comfort and tradition - when it comes to the technical part of the LD43 there is nothing old-fashioned about this Oyster. Twin 480hp Yanmar diesels are coupled to Hamilton water jets via a reverse/reduction gearbox, giving smooth power that is very much in keeping with the sophisticated style.
Access to the engines is brilliant: Each of the settees in the saloon hinges up under hydraulic power to present you with clear side access. If that is not enough, there are central hatches in the deck that allow access to all the daily checkpoints and generator. It might sound simple, but it has taken careful engineering to achieve what must be the best engine access I have ever seen.
In closing the Oyster LD43 combines traditional craftsmanship, with modern design and technology to create a unique blend of performance, seakeeping and comfort. The latest composite construction with carbon fiber and Kevlar creates a very and strong light hull. The LD43 is all about good times afloat, whether dining alfresco in the cockpit, having a candlelit dinner in the enclosed saloon or enjoying a cruise with family and friends.
“Thankful” offers everything you will want while onboard. Incredible performance and maneuverability with twin water jets are at your fingertips! The LD43 will easily top out at 30 plus knots, never having to worry about fouled props and the ability to go shallow or even dry out. Your cruising options are literally endless! Don’t miss one of the best options on the market!
Length overall (incl Platform) 13.26 m - 43’ 6”
Beam 4.09 m - 13’ 5”
Draft 0.68m - 2’ 3”
Fuel capacity 1600 liters - 436 gallons
Water capacity 340 liters - 90 gallons
Displacement Dry 9500 kg - 20950 lbs
Max speed 31 Knots
Cruise speed 25 knots
Range approximately 300nm
- High tech weight-saving composite structure using vinylester resin and a combination of e-glass, Kevlar and carbon fiber
- Solid laminate hull below the waterline
- Cored topsides and deck with high-density balsa
- Dark blue gelcoat color with a gold cove line and single white boot top line
- Deck in cream gelcoat
- Hull below waterline red anti-fouling
Deck Layout & Equipment
- Flush locker in foredeck area housing the anchor and chain with an electric anchor windlass
- Fold-out stemhead roller housed flush within the anchor locker when not in use
- (6) Stainless mooring cleats
- Teak toe rail and stainless rub rail
- SS fairleads
- Varnished teak capping coamings and saloon
- The cockpit sole and stern platform are trimmed with laid teak
- Hot/cold deck shower
- Teak cockpit table on a stainless frame with folding leaves also has a refrigerator
- SS bathing ladder
- Remote fills for fuel, water and holding tank pump-out
- (4) SS deck pad eyes fitted on each side deck for fender attachment
- Bow socket for jackstaff
- Teak cockpit and stern platform
- Lazarette locker for storage and jet drive/steering gear access
- Storage under cockpit seats with hinged lids designed to drain overboard
- Cockpit recesses for stowage of 4 fenders, fishing rods etc.
- Hot and cold shower in aft coaming
- Locking fold-down transom door that sits flush in bathing platform actuated with gas struts for ease of operation
- The deckhouse roof carries the radar and a streamlined mast to accommodate the antennas for standard electronics.
- Cameo Matise off-white leather sofas on outboard sides
- Teak and holly sole
- Sofas double as sleeping berths
- Custom windows will incorporate opening panels adjacent to the helm and pilot stations
- (3) Glazed opening hatches in the coachroof
- Aft window and door system retracts to create an open-plan saloon/cockpit area
- Salon to Cockpit partition with stainless frame and electrically operated drop down glazed panels. Polished stainless sliding door also incorporates drop down panel.
- Teak handrails are fitted to the deckhouse, coachroof and the deckhouse is fitted with a pair of polished alloy opening hatches.
- Ultraleather upholstery
- Cabin sole in teak & holly
- Saloon tables on pedestals
- 20” LCD TV on lift with DVD player
- Stereo with AM/FM CD player for salon and cockpit
- Counter surfaces in Avonite
- Double Stainless sink – drain through own outlet
- Mixer tap with pressurized hot and cold water supply
- Stainless Refrigerator with freezer
- U Line SP18 Icemaker
- Microwave and Convection oven
- 110V Electric range top
- Cabinets and drawers for provisions, cutlery, crockery and glassware
- Trash bin
- Oval porthole and overhead hatch
Master Cabin and Shower
- Double berth with custom mattress.
- Berth hinged to allow access under for storage supported with gas struts
- Hanging Locker, vanity with drawers
- Night screen for overhead hatch
- GRP molding incorporates a toilet base and separate stall shower.
- Vanity surface in Avonite with integral washbasin and mirror
- 110v shaver outlet
- Cabinet stowage above and below, toilet roll holder, towel rail and soap dish
- Oval porthole and overhead hatch with nightscreen
- Push-button freshwater Quiet flush WC with to go overboard or to holding tank
Engine & Engineering
- Two Yanmar 6LY3M-ETP 480HP
- Two Hamilton HJ 292 jet units and lay shafts
- Transmission/Ratio: ZF280 1/1.214:1
- Jabsco 17820 oil transfer pump
- Engine room is insulated with specialist soundproofing material.
- Engine room access for inspection and service via hatches in salon floor and through 2 large hinged sideboard settee units.
- (2) Automatic FM200 fire extinguisher
- Service Lights
- Extraction fans
- (2) Racor fuel filters with water separators – alarms at helm station
- Mastervolt Whisper 6000 8KW diesel generator with remote controls - 684 Hours April 2021
- Air-Conditioning Cruisair 16000 BTU reverse cycle
- WC holding tank with gauges, sea discharge and deck pump-out
- (2) baffled aluminum tanks dedicated to each engine with a balance pipe.
- Separate forward and aft automatic bilge pumps.
- Emergency cockpit manual bilge pump
- 12v DC electrical system
- (2) Engine start battery 180 amp
- (1) Generator start battery 80 amps
- (4) Domestic batteries 360 amps
- Mastervolt MICC Battery management system
- AC 220v system
- 110v water heating to h/w tank
- Mastervolt Battery charger 50 amp
- Domestic and Engine Batteries charged from engine alternators, port and starboard engine is a 180amp Belmar smart regulator
- In addition to alternator all the batteries can be charged by a Mastervolt 100amp charger.
- Inverter 1.5kw
- Distribution panel with isolator and circuit breakers
- KVH M3 satellite TV
- Bose Surround Sound
- MWB-200 Wireless Bridge and InterEpock IWE-1100 WiFi access point
- Spectra Newport 400C Compact Watermaker 400 GPD
- Microwave oven/grill
- Electric hob (stove)
- SS freshwater tank of 90 gallons (340 liters)
- Water heated from engine cooling system and immersion heater
- Discharge pump for shower and WC washbasin
- Shock dampened adjustable pilot seats 2 off
- Log, boat speed depth displayed Raymarine ST60 system
- Raymarine autopilot ST6001 with hydraulic drive
- Radar/plotter – Raymarine 80C
- Hamilton Blue Arrow joystick control for low-speed maneuvering
- Steering Hamilton Blue Arrow hydraulic
- GO spot light on Mast with provision for 2nd spotlight
- Start and stop controls
- Hydraulic steering
- Pair of jet drive controls
- Electric screen wipers with freshwater wash for forward windscreens
- VHF radio – Ray 240E with USA channels
- Trim tabs with LED display
- Electronic fuel gauges
- Horn with pushbutton
- Compass with lighting
- CD player with am/fm radio
- 12v telephone socket
- Hot and cold pressurized system to galley, WC and deck shower
- Heyco marine tool kit
- Oyster crockery and cutlery set
- Mooring lines
- 22lb Delta Anchor and 190’ of chain
- Fire extinguishers - 3 x 1kg FM 200
- Galley fire blanket
- Ensign staff, Oyster house flag
- Close cell foam cockpit cushions including fixing studs
- Keys – 2 sets for engines and saloon/cockpit door
- Set of drawings and schematics for systems
- Oyster Owner’s manual & supplier documentation
In Build Additional Options And Upgrades
- Fitted Lewmar Pilot hatches (slide back like a sunroof flush with the roof so you can have them open on plane) in glacé of standard saloon hatches.
- Fitted Stainless Steel hand rails in lieu of teak rails on saloon and coach roofs
- Custom designed and PYI built all aluminum antenna mast easily removable for over the road vessel transport. Mast sits in cradle in the cockpit for vessel transport.
Antenna mast includes bases for KVH M3; on wing GPS, Iridium sat/com, Guest Halogen wireless controlled spotlight, wing tip whips for internet and cell phone boosters; vertical fin following horizontal mounts for VHS and SeaKey whips; vertical mast head for matching Oyster Halogen Steaming and Stern lighting with 360 LED Anchor light above.
- Matching Oyster Halogen Navigational lighting affixed on house aft of saloon windows.
- Stainless Steel Winchard folding pad eye and supporting structure affixed to centerline of roof for leveraging inflatable on and off the stern.
- Fore hatch over berth hinged at rear for ram air while on anchor or moored.
- Skyscreens for all roof hatches (5)
- Custom Oyster designed additional teak hanging locker fitted to starboard side forward cabin.
- Custom Oyster designed overhead teak lockers (6)(port and starboard) in forward cabin with matching vents to hanging lockers and dimming controlled halogen lighting bedside bed and cabin doorway.
- Custom designed recessed cup holders at helm and nav station to fit included Oyster fine China tea cups.
- Custom Oyster designed set of drawers (4) under and at foot of cabin berth.
- Custom Oyster designed raised helm seat platform to match port side to include custom linen closet with varnished grating and ventilation accessed via the head.
- Custom Oyster designed full length beveled mirror trimmed in teak affixed to cabin door interior.
- Custom Oyster designed settee leather infills with matching teak and aluminum squabs converting them to berths. Accompanying storage cases in leather.
- Custom hinged sole board in cabin to access deck wash plumbing and create more storage low and forward in the hull.
- Custom installed night use red lights. LED night light on interior steps and over toilet in head (triple switched from head or corridor) and a red lense halogen overhead in the galley with own switch.
- Fitted Frensch chart light (red or white) on port side of nav station.
- Custom installed soft white LED courtesy lights in the cockpit behind seat backs on dimmer.
- Upgraded C120 to E120 series plotter with SR100Upgraded Raymarine digital radar.
- New Raymarine VHS radio.
- KVH M3 with (2) 12 volt tuners (saloon and cabin) and separate remotes.
- Additional Jensen 12 volt flatscreen in cabin connected to both the KVH and the saloon DVD A/V system.
- Custom 5.1 surround sound system in saloon with separate stereo cockpit and cabin zones.
- Can watch sat tv on one and dvd on another. Cabin audio only through tv. Saloon and cockpit audio through Bose 191 speakers and infinity 12 volt subwoofer custom installed into saloon. Saloon has standard Sharp flatscreen fully retractable into nav station with remote.
- Cockpit fitted with Bose 131 marine outdoor speakers.
- Additional Par freshwater deck wash system at anchor locker, breaker, shutoff and drain valves for winterizing.
- Spectra Newport 400 MKll 12 volt water maker (17gph) with Z- Ion upgrade.
- Fitted DC socket to lower shelf area by helm with 10 amp fused to live side of battery for solar panel charging.
- Additional 110 volt outlets placed in 1 galley (totaling 2 in galley), 1 saloon starboard on shelf near helm for portable devises charging station, 1 in engine room accessible for power to portable bilge heaters. Foam fresh air vent blocks included with the boat for winter storage.
- To date Thankful has never been winterized.
- Additional 7000 btu air-conditioning unit fitted to cabin.
- Fitted Jabsco 17820 oil transfer pump system connected to both Yanmar’s and the generator oil sumps.
- Custom fitted Icemaker model U Line SP18 built into galley sink base. Usable off inverter or A/C power
- Additional four pillows made with matching cockpit cushion Sunbrella
- Fitted rear door curtain
- Fitted Saloon window blinds
- Fitted Sunbrella cover for cockpit table with through top flap.
- Fitted complete fully enclosed cockpit Sunbrella cover with zip up door and acrylic windows. Side curtains zippered on three sides allowing them to be rolled up with straps.
- Fitted Bimini cover in Sunbrella with retractable stainless steel frame.
- Custom fitted Sun-Foil aircraft grade window reflectors for all saloon windows.
- Achilles LSR4U roll up hypalon, wood floor Inflatable w/ paddles and pump.
An Outstanding Example of Oyster incredible Style and Special Attention To Detail.
Don't miss one of the Most Unique Gentleman Yachts ever built. “Thankful” offers everything you will want while onboard. Incredible performance and maneuverability with twin water jets are at your fingertips! The LD43 will easily top out at 30 plus knots, never having to worry about fouled props and the ability to go shallow or even dry out. Your cruising options are literally endless!
Don't Let This Very Rare Opportunity Pass You By. She is easy to see 7 days a week, Schedule your appointment today.
Owner's personal effects. A full list will be provided upon signed agreement.
Engine hours are a representation of what the listing broker has been supplied by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to verify engine hours, major overhauls and all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.