Contact Us For More Information
Stepping onboard JOURNEY you immediately recognize that she is an extremely well kept yacht. From the condition of the teak decks, exterior gel coat, interior decor - it is all in top condition. Full exterior detail and haul out with new bottom job/prop speed/zincs in March, 2019.
JOURNEY comfortably sleeps 6 guests in 3 cabins including a large full beam master cabin that you access from a private staircase located off of the main salon. The 2 other guest cabins are located forward of the lower helm and both are ensuite. You also have a separate crew accommodation back aft in the lazarette complete with a full bath so a perfect floor plan for an owner operator or someone who wants a full time captain onboard.
The main salon flows nicely into the open galley forward which has direct access to the upper flybridge that has a second complete helm so I like the flexibility to drive from both inside or outside depending on sea conditions.
The current owner custom built the yacht and has incorporated a large number of custom features thanks to their experience of owning yachts in the past. They are selling only because they are looking to buy a larger yacht, otherwise JOURNEY would be ideal for years to come.
She is a must see for any buyer shopping in this size & price range.
Starting on the transom, you have direct access to the lazzarette area with a center line water tight door. Stepping down you have a work space as well as crew accommodations for 1 with private ensuite, and access to the engine room.
The teak decks continue up to the aft deck via staircases both to port & starboard. The aft deck has seating for 6 with a centerline high gloss varnish table with both bench seating & 3 large chairs. You have a fold down TV, and full wet bar with sink, refrigerator & ice maker. To starboard you have direct access to the flybridge with a teak staircase & handrail.
Entering the main salon through a sliding glass door you have an L-shaped settee to starboard, captains chair opposite along with a pop-up flatscreen TV on a lift.
To port you also have the private staircase that leads down to the full beam master cabin complete with en-suite which is best in-class for a yacht this size.
Moving forward from the main salon you take 2 steps up to the true gathering space onboard which is a combination of galley, breakfast/dining area, and lower helm. The entrance from the salon that leads into this space is quite wide so both spaces are connected so the flow of conversation is not interrupted.
Next to the lower helm you have a staircase that leads down to the additional 2 guest cabins. The smaller of the 2 has an over/under bunk arrangement, and the VIP cabin is all the way forward which features a custom sized centerline queen. Both are en-suite cabins with the smaller cabins bathroom doubling as the day-head for guests.
Your second access point to the flybridge is a set of stairs that lead up from the galley area.
Once on the sundeck you will have my favorite space onboard. Full second helm with all of the navigation equipment you have down below, bar area with 3 stools, seating for 6 at a table that is great for dining, and granite counter tops. This entire area can be enclosed & air-conditioned if needed. Let me remind you, this area also has teak decks something you don't typically have on a flybridge (most yachts have non-skid so I love the teak feature).
All the way aft on the upper deck is the boat deck area with davit. Here, the owner had a nice size tender & set of Vespas which you could replace with a jet ski if desired.
The entire main deck has full walk arounds and on the bow is ground tackle and sunpads.
JOURNEY is in great condition and would impress even the pickiest of clients.
- 5 year engine warranty extended warranty to 2020
- 2 x 23kw Gensets
- "Watching Man" vessel monitoring system (hooks up to iPhone)
- Water maker sea recovery 900 gallons per day
- Gulf coast fuel polisher
- Aft deck plug in engine controls
- Enclosed bridge surrounded with 24,000 BTU's A/C
- Power converter and inverter package
- Teak bridge deck under hard top
- EPIRB auto release
- Bottom paint fall of 2017
- Internet modem and booster
- Wireless cell phone monitoring of bilge, presence, engines, temp, and geo map of location
- Boat deck awning Sunbrella manual
- Hard top mounted 8 person life raft
- Teak deck chairs and lounge chairs
- Side chocks to hardtop
- Windows all fixed and flush
- Lexan® windscreen on FB
- Flip open door with fixed glass, bridge to pilothouse
- Sliding cockpit to FB hatch with stainless steel frame with glass cover inserts
- Electric sliding salon door
- Wet bar with sink and bar refrigerator on FB and bar stools
- Flip down 32” TV with DVD on FB
- Flip down 32” TV with DVD on aft deck ceiling
- ACR searchlight
- Three underwater lights
- FB air conditioning 24,000 BTU
- Manual awning with custom made S/S poles and marine grade exterior “Batyline Crème” Ferrari mesh fabric S/S transom gates for pets/children protection
- Seating on Flybridge
- Teak deck for aft deck and walkway to midship
- Teak swim platform w/ teak steps
- Boarding gates on port & stbd sides
- Heavy duty corner cleats at both sides of Euro transom
- U-shaped rails on swim step
- Lighted OA logo
- Sunpad at bow
- Custom exterior canvas and windshield mesh covers
- Anchor chute cover
- Electric cooktop is prewired in two places on bridge
PILOTHOUSE / DINETTE:
- Custom manufactured thick veneer wood flooring
- L-shaped dinette with chart drawer under sunken and extended dash with instrumentation
- Wood table top with storage cabinet under windshield defrosters
- Weathertight pantograph doors to side deck
- One Llebroc® mechanical helm seat
- Custom design pilot station
- Entire space air conditioned with full height storage on starboard
- Flip berth for single berth for additional storage space. When flipped up, provides 6’ x 6’x 3’ full height storage space
- Sink with storage cabinetry, separate head and one piece design mildew/leak proof shower stall with retractable stairs to provide easier access to head and shower stall
- Vinylester resin with marine grade structural foam. High density allows for high temperature resistivity and particular advantage in thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Reinforced collision bulkhead
- Fiberglass with infusion lamination manufacturing technology
- S/S hardware
- 2” elliptical 316 Stainless steel handrails & stanchions, main deck. 11/2” on FB. Elliptical conforms better to human grip than traditional round rails. Provides greater “grip strength” for safety and comfort (Unique OA feature)
- All exterior hardware to be S/S 316 or to manufacturer requirements
- Ocean Alexander employs various techniques to reduce sound and vibration. Focusing on providing a quiet and comfortable yachting environment through various proprietary techniques of controlling sound and noise transmission. Some of these techniques include, multiple insulation barriers including reflective materials, absorptive materials, dampening materials, air pockets and flexible and isolation mounts. Ultimately resulting in vibration/sounds levels that are industry leading and at times 1/2 to 1/10 of ISO6954 requirements (Unique OA feature)
- Weathertight bulkheads with further sound and temperature insulation
- Painted exterior surface with professional grade Alexseal polyurethane paint and epoxy based primers.
- Marine grade aluminum beams for floors, walls and ceiling. Provides greater rigidity and monolithic structure. Prevents movements and “creaky” sounds while underway
- Use of cross knit directional carbon fiber in high stress area for added structural integrity and torsional strength
HULL / BOTTOM:
- Solid fiberglass hull bottom White vinyl rub rail S/S insert Bronze through hull fittings
DECK / PILOTHOUSE:
- Chain locker in bow with hinged access Removable swimming ladder
- White nonskid fiberglass decks
- Port and starboard boarding gates Ventilation hatch forward, trunk top Fiberglass staircase from deck to Flybridge
- Fiberglass swim platform w/ Euro transom
- Caterpillar C18 Acert 1150 HP
- Two control stations: FB & PH, with complete engine instrumentation with lighted, modern switches
- Engine hour meter
- Electric engine controls
- Engine alarm system (oil and temperature)
- Intake/ exhaust fans with de-mister to eliminate moisture from the intake airflow to keep dry in machinery spaces
- Adjustable/Reversible Delta T fans for engine exhaust located on superstructure instead of hull side. Maximizes water protection and salt spray, resulting in safer and lower maintenance ownership (Unique OA feature)
- Wet exhaust and including water temperature, oil pressure, hour meter and start/ stop controls in engine room and remote start/ stop controls in the pilothouse
- S/S engine beds
- S/S rail on side of engine
- Kohler® 23 KW genset x 2 includes 5 year/2,000 hour warranty
- Generator exhausts to be waterdrop type per “Centek”, “Marine Exhaust Co.” or equal Generator with fuel/ water and gas/ water separator
- Generator set resiliently mounted and installed with sound shield & vibration dampener
STEERING / CONTROL:
- Hydraulic steering system
- S/S rudders
- Bronze struts w/ cutlass bearing
- Zincs on rudders and shafts
- High performance, computer designed and machined class “S” propellers Two Stidd® mechanical helm seats on F/B (white x2)
- One Stidd® mechanical helm seat in Pilothouse Dripless engine shaft seal logs and rudderposts
WINDLASS / MOORING:
- Hydraulic windlass, Maxwell VWLP3500C
- Stainless steel plow type anchor 80 lbs. w/ 300 ft anchor chain (3/8" HT) & chain stopper chain counter
- Handsfree anchor chain wash system – allows for cleaning of chain during anchor operation
THRUSTER / STABILIZERS:
- Hydraulic bow thruster (25HP) and stern (15HP) Hydraulic Keypower® stabilizer (6 Sq. ft. x 2) Control for thruster
- Color Coded piping for fuel, water and hydraulic systems
- Ocean Alexander proprietary “dry bilge ventilation system” with dedicated bilge exhaust to outside. This provides constant airflow to keep the bilges dry and mildew free. Any moisture from condensation is evacuated outside the yacht to keep a clean and healthy cruising environment.
- Hydraulic Steelhead ES1500 lbs. davit
- Fire extinguisher system with engine shutdown feature
- Fireboy MA21500 FE241
- All engine room and bilge spaces shall be primed and top coated with polyurethane paint system Pantograph windshield wipers & washers w/ intermittent function
- Sea Recovery TM 900 Gals/day water maker
- Kahlenberg TM heavy duty air horn
FRESH WATER SYSTEM:
- 2mm thickness 316 S/S water tank w/ sight gauge
- Fresh water outlet with hose for engines & generators
- Fresh water wash down, at bow & stern & boat deck
- Dockside water connection
HOT WATER HEATER:
- One 40gallon water heater with high density fiberglass insulation w/ high efficiency heating element
- 4.5mm thickness 5052 Aluminum fuel tanks with sight gauges and tested to International Standards 33CFR 510(a) w/ high and low fuel level alarm system
- Dual Racor® fuel/water separator with Y valves for engine & generator
- Both side fillers for fuel tanks
- Exceeding industry safety standards with Flame arrestor installed in fuel system. Designed to prevent ignition of fumes during fueling/heavy operation.
- Fuel system with venting and “catchment system” designed for burps or overflow accidents
- GulfcoastTM Fuel polishing system based on US Military Abrahams M1 Tank design Oil changing system for engines and gensets
BILGE / DISCHARGE:
- Common drainage system for bar sink, shower, bilge & exterior deck Bilge pump in forward and aft of engine room
- Automatic bilge pump The vessel shall be outfitted with automatic bilge pump with manual and automatic switches in each space as divided by weathertight bulkheads. High water alarms will be mounted in each of these bilge zones
- 24V shower sump pumps
- One manual bilge pump
- Dry bilge area arrangement in center of engine room
JOURNEY has spent the last couple of Summers in the North East and Winters in Fort Lauderdale. She has justcompleted the 1000 hour service on the engines in May, 2018.
The layout & open floor plan is great for entertaining and the large full beam master cabin separate from the other guest cabins is great for an owner operator.Large volume, well laid out, and custom built by an experienced owner.
JOURNEY upgrades include: extended warranties on the engines until 2020, second generator, teak on the Flybridgeunder hard top, crew quarters with separate shower and head, boat deck awning, A/C on Flybridge, and wireless cellphone monitoring of ships systems and movement.
Easily viewed in Fort Lauderdale, FL and highly recommended for anyone shopping in this size & price range.Happy to show you onboard and point out some to the key features first hand.
Owner is selling to upgrade to a larger yacht so an excellent opportunity for a lucky buyer.