prana Yacht for Sale - 169'Alloy
Contact Us For More Information
Type:Performance cruising sloop
Builder:Alloy Yachts International, New Zealand
Naval Architect: Dubois Naval Architects, UK
Interior Designer:Redman Whiteley Dixon Design
LOA : 51.70 m (170’)
LWL : 44.80 m (147’)
Beam: 10.20 m (33’5’’)
Draft : 4.90 m(16’)
Classification:Lloyds Register of Shipping 100 A1 SS,Yacht Mono G6 LMC, Large Yacht Code
Rig:Sloop, 63.4 m carbon Southern spars
Flag: Cayman Island
Engine: Caterpillar Diesel 3412E
Transmission: ZF 1960 reduction gearbox
Access to the accommodation area is by a stairway situated on the starboard side of the main saloon. It leads down to a T-shaped lobby with a day head on the port side, opposite the stairwell.
The aft end of the lobby gives access to the owners’ suite, which spans the full beam of the yacht, making for a very spacious arrangement. The king size bed is on the centreline with a leather top desk to starboard and a leather top chest of drawers on the port side. A TV is concealed behind artwork to the right of the entranceway. The en-suite bathroom is situated up a couple of steps and behind the aft bulkhead. This is a very generously proportioned room with a bath and shower in a glassed-off section on the starboard side and a separate toilet also behind etched glass on the port side. A heated towel rail doubles as the ladder to the escape hatch up to the aft deck. All the guest suites have portholes, electric blinds, individual climate control, mood lighting and music systems.
1 & 2
Two identical double cabins side by side and divided down the center-line occupy the full beam of the yacht at the head of the T-shaped lobby. Each has a queen size bed with a side settee that can be converted to an additional small single bed. Wool oatmeal carpets are soft and luxurious underfoot in the bedrooms, while the bathrooms feature white marble and green glass finishes, with Wenge detailing.
Flanking the leg of the T-shaped lobby are two mirror-image cabins with twin single berths, each with an additional Pullman berth and en-suite bathroom.
Deck Aft (split level)
A notable feature of the interior layout is that the principal entertainment areas are on the main deck level. On many yachts of this nature, the cockpit flows into a pilothouse area with casual dining, then drops down a level to the formal saloon and dining areas. PRANA avoids this duplication and, as a consequence, presents a more spacious open aspect with cockpit, bar, dining and lounges all on a single level.
The sense of space is further enhanced by the fact that the main deck aft is entirely devoted to lounging and entertaining areas, without the customary interruption of helm-stations.
The aft deck is split into two levels. Boarding via the custom double articulating boarding platform, or the telescopic passerelle, guests arrive on an expansive open deck area. This can be left clear for sun-bathing, or an evening cocktail promenade. Alternatively, a removable aft-facing settee provides a great spot for contemplating the view at anchor, or under way. Two short stairway, port and starboard, lead down into a cockpit well, which is protected overhead by the overhang of the fly bridge. The sides can be open for the breeze to waft through, or at the push of a button, monolithic glass panels emerge from the side coamings to enclose this area.
A nest of lounging sofas surrounds a coffee table at the centre of the cockpit, while a dining table for 10 is situated athwart ships between the two aft deck stairwells. A custom bar-fridge is on the starboard side, with the fly bridge stairway to port. The Cockpit has each sliding windows and can be fully enclosed with portable transparent screen.
Main Salon & Dining
Pneumatic sliding glass doors admit guests from the cockpit directly into the main salon. Immediately on the port side is a U-shaped bar with a white marble counter and pale green glass splash backs. This white and green combination becomes a theme repeated in the galley and bathrooms throughout the vessel. The bar sets a contemporary tone with its strong linear design and smooth planes.
Forward of the bar on the port side is the lounge with a combination of settees and individual armchairs ranged around a coffee table. Across on the starboard side is the dining area with table and individual chairs for 10. Aft of the dining area, directly opposite the bar, is the stairwell curving down to the guests accommodation deck below.
The saloon décor features dark timber wenge flooring, grooved to resemble deck planking. It is complemented by a composite carpet in the lounge area and upholstery fabrics in soft, earthy tones. By day, light streams into the saloon from the expansive side windows, which also afford extensive views. In the evenings, a private, intimate atmosphere is created with the pleated natural fibre roman blinds drawn down at the push of a button
The principal helm station is up a level on the fly bridge, which also offers alfresco entertainment options with a BBQ, fridge, ice-maker and sink, plus a U-shaped seating area wrapping around a table. The table arrangement is flexible and serves either as two separate coffee tables, or joins to form a dining table for a dozen guests.
Forward of the saloon and still on the same level is the navigation area arrayed across the full beam of the yacht with views out through the raked forward windscreen at the base of the mast. Split by a centerline companionway leading down to the crew and service areas, the navigation area has a high-backed leather watch-chair on the starboard side and a viewing settee set into the half-bulkhead on the port side. Sliding wooden panels rise from the athwart ships cabinets between the navigation station and the saloon to separate the two areas, if desired.
On the Starboard side is the galley, pantry and wine-store, with six wine coolers, are too starboard. The galley features white Corian counters, pale green glass splash backs and stainless steel appliances. The galley cabinets are finished in durable and easily cleaned Formica doors and drawer fronts with a Wenge grain and colour.
On the Port side is a captain’s double cabin, with en-suite bathroom.
Straddling the centerline companionway forward are the crew mess to port and the fully-equipped Miele laundry to starboard and, further forward again, four crew cabins, each with two single berths and en-suite facilities. Access to the control room and engine room is through a lobby next to the captain’s cabin. Crew access to the deck is via a companionway through a hatch above this lobby.
The fly bridge is accessed via a ‘floating’ staircase with teak risers ascending on a solid stainless steel column leading up from the enclosed aft cockpit and through a pneumatically-operated sliding hatch.
The fly bridge features dual helm stations, with custom stainless steel steering wheels and dual sailing controls. It also features alfresco entertaining areas and an expansive sun bed.
The engine room is situated amidships, immediately above the keel, concentrating the heaviest equipment to best influence sea-keeping and performance. The propeller shaft exits the trailing edge of the keel fin.
Lazarette/ Boarding Platform
Access to the Lazarette is through an aft deck hatch, or a watertight door in the transom, which opens in two stages to form the aft boarding platform. The boarding platform can be lowered beyond horizontal to create a gently sloping ‘beach’ for swimming directly on and off. The Lazarette accommodates an array of water-toys
Watertight bulkhead: (6) Forepeak, forward crew, forward engine room, aft engine room, Guests/Owners and Lazarette.
Keel & Bulb: 90 Tons Lead encapsulated pigs
Hull plating:Topside 8mm/bottom 10mm/keel 15mm
Steering: Wagner & Alloy, (2) rams, (2) 7.5 kW motors with hydraulic pumps
Emergency steering:In lazarette through deck fitting.
Rudder: Semi balanced with skeg mounted bearing.
Bow Thruster:24” retractable, 5 bladed duo prop propeller, 90HP, American BowThruster
Stern Thruster:20” retractable, 5 bladed duo prop propeller, 90 HP, Americam Bow Thruster
Teak deck: 16mm thick, king planks 150mm, margin 80mm & main planks 62mm
Engine: (1) Caterpillar Diesel 3412E, 895 kW at 2300 rpm
Engine Hours:14,450 hours
Gearbox:ZF 1960 reduction gearbox, ratio 4.036:1
Gearbox PTO:(2) 71cc Rexroth pumps for main hydraulic system
Propeller:(1) Hundested variable pitch controlled (4) blades feathering
SPEED & RANGE UNDER POWER
Range (nm @ Cruising Speed): 4,500 nm @ 12 knots
Pantograph door:(2) Bridge & (1) Engine room
Salon Aft sliding door:(2) infrared sensor, pneumatic mechanism & belt driven.
Fly bridge access hatch:(1) Pneumatic and retractable
Superstructure fixed Windows: (3) Tilse formglass special
Cockpit sliding screen: (2) electric raise & fall Laminated & toughened Glass
Port lights:(14) laminated double-glazed
Flush hatches:(5) crew access, galley, port& starboard crew cabin, captains cabin
Transom:Transom swim platform with crew tender launch & retreival facilities
Passerelle:Hydraulic, remotely controlled, 3m extension after transom.
Side boarding ladder:Marquip stowable
Deck lockers:(5) stowage dock lines & fenders, (1) petrol storage.
Deck hatches:(2) Aft deck hatches, Windlass hatch, forepeak hatch
Hydraulic Oil reservoir:575 litres including 270 litres reserve tank
Hydraulic Storagetank:650 litres
Hydraulic header tank:160 litres (in engine room)
Hydraulic pumps:(1) x each (2) generator 135cc, (2) x on main engine 71cc, (1) 15KVA AC motor driving pump 28cc.
Hydraulic service forepeak system:
- (2) deployable/ stowable Anchor arms
- (2) AY 400 Winches
- Chain wash pump
- Reckmann reacher furler
- Reckmann blade furler
- Bow thruster port & starboard up/down
- 2 maxwell anchor windlass
Hydraulic service forward bilge system:
- (2) blade sheet captive winches + feeder blocks
- Staysail furler
- (2) staysail captive winches + (2) feeder blocks
Hydraulic service Engine control room system:
- Port & starboard main sheet captive winches + (2) feeder
- Port & starboard AY400 mast winches
- Tender hoist (4) rams
Hydraulic service Mast area system: (running backstays moved to lazarette)
- Main halyard captive winch + feeder block
- Boom vang
- Boom lock and furler
- Reacher halyard ram
- Blade halyard ram
Hydraulic service aft area system:
- (2) reacher feeder blocks
- (2) running backstay winches and feeder blocks
- Stern thruster port & starboard up/down
- (2) Port & starboard AY500 MPS sheet winches
- Port & starboard reacher captive winch + (2) feeder blocks
- (2) backstay rams
- Transom doors & locks (6) functions
- Swim platform & locks (4) functions
- Runner captive winches + (2) feeder blocks
- Passerelle (4) functions
Fresh Water tank:10,740 litres (2,927 US Gallons) in (2) tanks
Water Boiler accumulator:700 litres (184 US Gallons) in (2) tanks Macdonald
Tank fills:water counter/softener system, charcoal filter
Fresh water pressure pumps:(2) Grundfos stainless steel jet
Circulating Pumps:(2) Grundfos
Silver Ion system: AG Sterilizer auto/manual control
Fresh Water Plumbing:George Fisher PVC welded throughout, pexal pipe tails.
Watermakers:(2) Idromar MC8S 450 l/h (118.8 US Gln/h)
Sprinkler Tank:600 litres (158.5 US Gallons) integral Aluminium welded
Sprinkler system pumps:(2) one fresh water 4kw & one salt water 15kw, Grundfos
Grey/Black water:(1) 1,200 litres (317 US Gallons) in keel
Tank discharge pump:(1) Edson, pneumatic
Marine Toilets:11) Actana superflush 2003, fresh water operated.
Waste Treatment system:Hamann treatment system
Waste system plumbing: George Fisher Dalmine heavy duty PVC pipe
Bilges compartment: (9) with high water alarms, bilge suction, stripping system & wandering hoses
Primary bilge pump:(1) MP Pumps
Hand bilge pump:(1) Whale Gusher
Bilge stripping pump:(1) Crossover to waste treatment discharge, Edson
Fire pumps:(2) MP single Pumps
Emergency fire/bilge pump: Yamaha Diesel
Oily water separator:(1) DVZ
Air compressors: (2) Hydrovane rotary air compressors ( new 2016)
Air receiver tank:(1) 100 litres
Emergency tank: (1) 50 litres
Air dryer:(1) MTA SPA
Compressed air system:Valves (hull & bulkhead shut off valves), bilge stripping pump, stern gland emergency seal, fuel transfer pump, waste discharge pump, Dual air horns, deck hatches seals, transom door seal, gear box auxiliary PTO cylinder. Anchor hatches and crew entrance hatch pneumatically operated.
Air conditioning: (2) unit Condaria 144.000 BTU each
(2) Chilled water pump
(2) Sea water pumps(4) Air makeup pump Air Makeup Fan Coils
Fan Coils: (9) crew area, (7) guest area, (6) salon area, (2) cockpit.
Extraction ventilation:Forepeak, forward crew area, galley, Emergency E/R CO2,
control room, captain’s cabin, Saloon, guest areas, lazarette.
Engine room ventilation:Port discharge 1.72m3/s Starboard inlet 2.95m3/s Starboard inlet 2.95m3/s
Galley refrigerator:Hoshizaki (4) doors
Galley Freezer:Hoshizaki (4) doors
Galley In-floor freezer:Alloy Yachts in house build.
Pantry:(3) Eurocave wine cooler refrigerator
Ice maker:(4) Hoshizaki (salon bar, cockpit, Fly bridge & pantry)
Domestic bar refrigerator:(2) master cabin, fly bridge
Salon bar & cockpit:(2) Custom (2) door stainless steel refrigerator
(1) Eurocave wine cooler)
Underwater Lights: (22) Seavision by underwater lights
Generators & Electricity:(2) Northern Lights 113Kva
Generators Hours:30,000 hours each
AC system:230/400 volt 50Hz
DC system:24 volt / 12 volt
Main switchboard: 400v, Synchronising w/ seamless shore power change over
Inlet shore power cable:125 Amp Cablemaster CM-8 retractable
Shore power converter:Mastervolt converter output 75 Kva, 400/230, 50 Hz
Service batteries:(12) 24V Sonnenshein 2volt 420 AH gel batteries
Service batteries charger:(3) Mastervolt 100 Amp
Starting batteries:24VDC, (2) 12 4D Varta 140 AH
Staring batteries charger: Engine alternator & (2) Mastervolt 24volt 6 amp
Radio batteries: (12) 24V Sonnenshein 2volt 420 AH gel batteries
Radio batteries charger:(2) Mastervolt 25 Amp
Emergency batteries:(12) 24V Sonnenshein 2volt 420 AH gel batteries
Emergency batteries charger:(2) Mastervolt 25 Amp
Emergency power pack bat:(8) 12 Volt Dynasty MPS 12-100 AGM cells
Emergency P.P.B charger:(2) Mastervolt 50 Amp
Sail Area:3,830m² (27,000ft²)
Main Sail:(1) Doyle/ Stratis carbon/tuaron fully battened boom furling, ( delivered March 2019)
Staysail:(1) Doyle Stratis furling, NZ (2019)
Reacher/Blade:(1) Doyle Stratis furling, NZ (2019)
Genoa:(1) Doyle Stratis furling, NZ (2019)
MPS:Nylon with sock, North Sails, NZ (2006)
Spar: (1) 63.4 m Southern Spars, NZ. Carbon fibre, 5 spreader, keel stepped hydraulic jacking, high modulus carbon Germanischer Lloyd certified, Panamax rigged.
Boom:(1) Furling Southern Spars, Carbon fibre, hydraulic.
Boom Vang:Southern Spars
Crow Nest:Southern Spars, electric hoist.
Tender Pole lift:Carbon fibre, (re-fitted 2016)
Sail tracks & blocks:Harken
Rigging:Ocean Yacht Systems (OYS), Stainless steel rod, discontinous
Furling Gear:(3) Reckmann hydraulic (carbon foils) genoa, staysail & blade
Foredeck vertical winches:(4) AY400 hydraulic drum (foredeck & mast)
Aft deck vertical winches:(2) AY500 hydraulic drum (MPS & mooring)
Captive reel winches AY:(11) total: (2) Blade, (2) Genoa, (2) Staysail, (2) Main sail sheet, (1) main halyard, (2) runners
Anchors:(2) Manson 235 kg stainless steel plough anchors recessed in foredeck
Chains:(2) 197.5 m stud link 19mm galvanized chain
Anchor winches:(2) Maxwell 11000 vertical, recessed forward locker
Kedge anchor aft:(1) Fortress FX-125 Aluminium
Kedge anchor chain:(1) 25m & 100m x 30mm Nylon rode.
SSB Furuno FJ2570C
VHF Furuno FM-8800SD
Satcom C Furuno Felcom 15 with monitor & key board
Promon 19” Monitor (2018)
(2) Promon 19” Monitor (2018)
Satellite compass Furuno SC50
Brooks & Gatehouse, A+T systems upgrade 2018.
(2) Radar Furuno 1810
Furuno AIS model FA-150
Magnetic compass 6” SIRS Navigation ‘Major’
Navigation Autopilot FAP-500 Furuno NavPilot
Navigation Net Furuno VX2
Furuno GPS GP-37
(2) Brooks & Gatehouse Hydra 2000
Gooseneck (4) Brooks & Gatehouse 20/20
Brooks & Gatehouse Hydra 2000
Fly bridge helm station:
Magnetic compass SIRS Navigation ‘Major’
(2) Repeater Furuno NavPilot FAP-5011
(2) Rudder angle indicators
(2)Brooks & Gatehouse Hydra 2000
(2) Caterpillar Main Engine MMFD display
Port Navigation station:
VHF repeater Furuno
Fly bridge centre:
(2) Monitor screens KEP 15”
Centre Sea touch monitor screen
(2) GSM phone
Shore side phone line
(2) 4G card Pepwave routers, twin high gain 1M Axxess marine antennas (2018), Kerio communications controller.
VSAT Inmarsat USAT 30.
Wireless internet throughout
Iridium Phone ( new 2018)
Touch screen monitoring:
(5) 12” full colour touch LCD screen in Wheelhouse, crew mess, control room, fly bridge & Engineers Cabin
Fuel & Water Tank Levels
All lube oil, bilge water, hydraulic oil tank level
Black & Grey Water tank levels
Full generator control & instrumentation
Control, indication & alarms of Navigation lights
Control and indication of exterior lighting
CCTV monitoring. Alloy Yachts Seatouch System.
CCTV SYSTEM CAMERAS:
(1) Mast Head - Pan/Tilt/Zoom/Focus wheelhouse control
(1) Fixed Dome on Spreader 1 fixing port side deck boarding area
(1) Fixed Dome Engine Room forward bulkhead
(1) Fixed Dome Engine Room aft bulkhead
Life rafts:(2) SOLAS 25-man life rafts ( new 2016)
(20) Immersion suits
(22) Adult life jackets, and (22) inflatable twin chamber SOLAS
(4) Children’s life jacket
Offshore flare kit:
SOLAS Life rings kit: (2) EPIRB, (1) SART, (1) Line thrower (2)
Set of Navigation shapes:
Fire suits: (2) BA and fire protective sets complete, 6 bottles.
(10) 2.7kg dry powder
(13) 4.5kg dry powder
(3) 9litre foam
(3) 5kg CO2
(1) 1kg dry powder
(1) Fire blanket in galley
Fire extinguishing Sprinklers:Throughout the vessel
Fire Detection system:Throughout the vessel in the overhead
Engine room fire fighting: CO² bottles in control room
Central sounds system:
Creston controller (Owner, Guests, Salon, Aft deck, Fly Bridge), music program (classic, western, pop, classic, rock…) SONOS system install throughout(2016) linked to spotify.
(1) 20” LCD TV concealed behind artwork, Radio/CD/DVD, satellite receiver, Bose surround sound, Plex audio/visual music storage, hosted by Synology, controlled by Mac server. Ipad Crestron control main salon, aft deck. Ipad control throughout. Transas, MaxSea navigation Monitoring, CCTV camera monitoring. IPod Dock.
(4) Guests cabins:
(1) SONOS amp, (2) flush 6.5” speakers, IPod Dock, Plex on demand music/ video. SONOS on demand music. Ipad control and display. All cabins are cable installed & coiled for Plasma screen & DVD installation if desired.
Crew Mess & cabins:
(1) 42” LCD TV, Radio/CD/DVD, satellite receiver, (2) flush 6.5” speakers, (1) B&G FFD, (4) Radio/CD & (4) 6” flush speakers.
(1) 32” LCD TV, Radio/CD/DVD, (1) B&G FFD, (1) 6” flush speakers.
Ipad control/ Creston app control, Main DVD unit, SONOS music, Plex audio visual on demand music and video server. Satellite Receiver (EURO, USA, CARIB). Mast Camera viewing, Radio/CD IPod Dock
(1) Main tender Castoldi 21’ L.C. Jet, Yanmar engine, located foredeck well. (new 2019)
(1) Crew tender Castoldi 14’ Jet Yanmar engine, located Lazarette. ( new engine 2016)
(2) Laser dinghies
(1) Bauer compressor, 240 Bar, adaptor to refill BA bottles
(1) Halyard and carbon-fibre tender lifting boom
- New set of sails March 2019
- All Polycarbonate interior hull windows replaced Nov 2016/ (2) 2018
- Crew area hull exterior hull windows re-installed Oct 2018
- (2) Northern Lights Generators 30.000 hours. (Rebuild 2012, 15000 hours)
- (1) Main Engines (full rebuild December 2014). 2016 after coolers pressure tested, heat exchangers removed for service and cleaning 2016, 2018
- Gearbox removed and rebuilt 2016
- Hundested pitch box removed, rebuild and upgrade 2018
- Propeller, tail-shaft survey completed Oct 2018
- Rudder lowered inspected and returned 2018
- New guest tender, Castoldi 21', 2019
10 YEAR LLOYD'S CLASS SURVEY 2016
- Mast un-stepped & re-installed March 2016, paint polished, Rigging inspected and serviced/ replaced as per OYS recommendations, Marine Results International.
- Boom furling motor re-built as scheduled maintenance.
- Thru-hull valves serviced and replaced as necessary, distance pipes replaced 2014/ 2016.
- All Pumps serviced, inspected or replaced as required.
- All tanks inspected and fresh water tanks coating repaired where necessary.
- Lloyd’s class certificate & Compliance LY2 Cayman Island reissued.
SAILS AND RIGGING
- Main sail replaced November 2012
- Blade replaced January 2014
- Stay sail new October 2018
- PBO Staysail stay replaced new; i3 2015
- Genoa & Blade halyards replaced 2014.
- All sheets replaced 2014/15. Recovered 2016.
ENGINE AND GENERATOR
- Main engine service: current hours: 14,450 hours. Full rebuild completed at 10,000 hours- all new parts, only crankshaft and main block original to the engine.
- Generators complete re-build at 15,000 hours, current 30,000 hours, next overhaul previewed at 45.000 hours, 2000-hour service October 2018.
ENTERTAINMENT, COMMUNICATION & IT UPGRADES
- Sonos system throughout, upgraded allowing streaming radio & music 2016.
- AV driven through Ipad, Mac server running Crestron hardware main salon, master, aft cockpit.
- Mac-server 2012, 10 Ipads,
- Vsat Seatel U Sat 30 2012
- Main saloon 49’’ TV, Panasonic LED 2018.
- 4G antenna and twin pepwave router install 2018.
- Superstructure touch paint as required
- Waterline polish 2018.
- Under-water paint new antifoul October 2018, 18M International Trilux 33
- Sails inspection & service May 2018.
- Captive & captive winches inspection & service, ongoing maintenance schedule.
- Anchor windlasses inspection and removal October 2018.
- Teak deck sanded seasonal – latest October 2018
- Tender service underway October 2018. New Castoldi 21LC - 2013.
- LRS tail-shaft survey, shaft inspected – OK, straightness checked and shaft straightened.
- Rudder removed, bearing inspected and approved, rudder returned.
- antifouling repainted October 2018,
- bilge system, pumps, sea water inlets all overhauled 2018.
- Hundested Pitch box rebuild 2018.
- engine room bilge area painting
- forepeak area bilge painting
- lazarette area bilge painting
- water tank professional cleaning, touch ups.
- grey/blackwater tank cleaning / paintwork touch up repair.